Saturday, August 21, 2010

ed tech- biography






In elementary school, I was one of those students that wanted to play with just about everyone. I was also the student that got teased a lot too. As I got older I was still friendly and even greeted other classmates that I didn’t know very well. In one of the middle schools that I attended, I was able to participate in a program called Young Astronauts. One of the things I will never forget is seeing the Hubble Space Telescope before it went into orbit. I also became involved with band and sports. I had a blast with it. In band I was able to travel to Disneyland twice. We played in one of their plazas & the second time we marched down Main Street. It was a blast. In Field Hockey we had a major tournament in Chico, California. Field hockey was my outlet. It was one of the best things I could have joined in high school. The only bad thing was some of the injuries that I obtained, but I would do it all over. After about a semester of college was completed, I decided that I wanted to move to Oregon. I was living in California at the time. My aunt told me to go for it, so I called my cousins in Oregon and they let me stay with them until I could get on my feet.

I moved a lot as a child and it was hard to have long term friends growing up. I have been to 3 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, 2 high schools, and now I am at my 4th college. I have lived in 3 different states and at least 11 different cities. In my parents defense high school & college wasn’t their fault. No my parents were not in the military nor were they in jobs that required them to move. It has been a string of bad luck. While attending high school my sophomore year, I found out that my school was getting closed due to budget cuts.

I love to be outside. I enjoy hiking & camping. I love to take pictures. Most of my pictures are scenic or of my boys. My boys are 6 & 3 ½. I can be a very crafty person. I have tons of art project stuff (paints, crayons, markers, yarn, paper, etc…). I even know how to cross stitch & crochet. I love to bake/cook, but I hate to clean. I know how to play the trumpet, but it has been several months since I have played. I enjoy spending time with my family & listening to my boys play. I have been married now for almost 8 years.

I want to teach Middle School and High School Science. I will have my endorsements in Biology & Integrated Science. I may also try to get my endorsement in Basic Math.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness. You've certainly had many opportunities to live and go to school in lots of places. Picking up a Basic Math endorsement is wise. Makes for a great combination with the sciences (and increases employment opportunities.

    ReplyDelete